Thank you for joining our mission to Educate, Entertain & Empower children through issue-driven children’s books. I am working to increase diversity in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) fields by “teaching young minds through science and rhymes.”
Why should you care about STEM?
- STEM careers pay twice as much non-STEM jobs.
- Demand for STEM professionals is twice as high as non-STEM professionals
- The U.S. has a shortage of STEM professionals
- The world’s biggest companies Apple, Facebook, and Amazon are STEM-driven
- African-Americans and Latinos only make up a small percentage of STEM professionals at only 9% and 7% respectively.
We need to change that.
By getting our children interested in pursuing those careers and businesses opportunities. That is where my Young Scientist series of books come in. My stories transform complex scientific concepts into fun easy to read stories to engage young children, especially those of color, who are currently underrepresented in STEM.
There is also a huge diversity gap that exists in children’s books.
Did you know that:
- Although nearly half of the US population consists of people of color, only 28% of children’s books published featured characters of color
- Only 3% of children’s books published in the U.S. feature a differently abled character
I am working to close this diversity gap by publishing books that boost self-esteem and prominently feature characters of color and differently abled children.
But I cannot do this alone. I need your support.
As an indie publisher, I don’t have the big marketing and PR machine the traditional publishers have.
But I have something even better.
Here are 4 Ways You can Support Our Mission
1 Telling your family and friends to visit www.dawitpublishing.com to buy award-winning books that teach our children STEM and Self- Love.
3 Telling your local schools, local libraries, etc. to contact me at email@example.com to schedule an author visit or workshop for your children
I hope to make the world a better place by inspiring our children to become loving, inclusive people who can develop into tomorrow’s leaders in STEM and the world.
With your help, this goal can be accomplished.
You are truly appreciated, and I thank you.